Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and other important stuff
Sorry I haven't posted for awhile so please excuse this lengthy post as I catch you up...
First- Everyone should have an Auntie and Uncle Jake!
Auntie sent me home with a goodie bag for my kids for Halloween, (below) how lucky they are to have such a great Auntie and Uncle who throws them pirate parties, takes them to any resturant for their b-days and showers them with love everytime they seem them. Lucky Ducks!

Second- Being Jared's room mother means I am in charge of the Halloween party for his class. Basically I did the same thing as I did last year, (why mess with something that really works)
So I put the haunted house up, where the kids go in to retrieve a bag of candy, guess how many gumballs are in the container, and get a couple of prizes. The games consisted of Fear Factor, where kids had to choose from, larva, skin, boogers, or lizard eyes. They also made a fun ghost and drank homemade rootbeer (5 lbs. of sugar!) and rice krispie treats.

Third- Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without my spook alley on the porch. The weather threatened for a moment and I didn't know if we would be able to do it, but it calmed down quick enough for us to be able to do it.

Here are the pics.....




Potions table in the spook alley

Fear Factor
Gifts from Auntie
Pumpkins we carved
Skeleton Collection

3 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Halloween!!! I hope all things scary are calming down like Primary Pres.! :) How is everything????

wandering nana said...

Love your fun decorations and ideas for the class.

Tiffany said...

Your decorations are great. I love it! It's ok with the pillowcases, if WN made them I'm sure they are great. I'm talking about the flannel, old, gross ones. ;)