Monday, November 10, 2008

My Garage and other thoughts

Our garage has been quite the eyesore the last couple of months. All the stuff we used for trek along with many camping trips somehow ended up on our garage floor. We've been shoving it aside for the last couple of months and every so often, I would mention to Jackson we really need to get some shelving up. Last Saturday I came home from doing primary stuff and found my sweet husband putting up shelves. Can I tell you how happy it made me! I sat outside in the garage for a minute, just reveling in how nice it was to have a clean garage. Next will be my storage room, but I'll give him a little breather first
The other thing that has been on my mind lately is all the picketing going on around the temples and churches. I know it's a volatile subject,(prop. 8) but I was reading the conference talks and came across Elder Hales talk "Christian courage: The price of Discipleship." It really helped to give me perspective and made me realize how lucky we are to have apostles and prophets to help us remember what is most important. It's a great talk that helped me to not want to "put up my dukes" and get caught up in what is happening on the news and close to home.

5 comments:

wandering nana said...

The thing that bothers me is that I'm being accused of "hate" because I didn't vote for something I believe in. Why do they think it is alright for them to vote the way they want to and that I'm not allowed the same right? I don't hate anyone because they are gay...

Becky said...

Thanks for your comment, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life and how grateful I am for living prophets and apostles!!!!

Tiffany said...

I'm going to have to read that talk. Send J over anytime to put some shelves in my garage.

missy said...

Love this post!! I wouldn't give Jackson too much of a breather, or you might not get the other shelves up. I too am very greatful for out dear prophet that is helping a realize that we all need to have a voice.

Libby said...

Oh please give me a breather. At least force Libby to join me and the boys on our family activities this winter.

Jackson