Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You know you live in a small town news market when........
One of the things I miss most about SLC is the news. You never appreciate something until you don't have it. I actually revel at the news when I'm in SLC. Here are the top 10 reasons why.

10. One night they were talking about a new addition to the zoo while showing footage, later in the broadcast they had to apologize because apparently the footage was of another zoo.

9. The news anchor pronounced the word emeritus totally wrong.

8. They were reporting on the record snow we had and how it was good for the ski industry, the footage they used was of deer munching on hay. (A story they had reported on the week before, talking about having to provide extra food for the deer)

7. The grainy picture

6. The up close shot. One reporter always has the camera really close up on her anytime she makes a report.

5. One channel actually reports for fox news and abc news

4. Personal commentaries. One news anchor whipped out the National Geographic and said she noticed it in the check out lane and there were some great articles in it.

3. Using the same mug shot of a guy for two different stories and not recognizing it.

2. Great hairdos and make up

1. One of last nights top stories was that a woman had her purse snatched out of her grocery basket while loading groceries in Twin Falls (2 hours away!) and to think the same thing happened to me in a Sam's Club parking lot in Midvale. I can't believe I didn't call the news about it!!!Silly me!



4 comments:

wandering nana said...

You live in a college town, how can they pronounce a word wrong? Oh, I forgot, it's BYU.

Tiffany said...

That is funny! I love our little local paper, 3/4 of the paper is who is leaving on a mission and who has just returned from a mission. WN comment is great.

Tiffany said...

Ohh, I forgot to give you the photography props on my blog sorry. I love those pictures so much! Thanks!

skbkmjfamily said...

How about the fact that the top story is that some song writer who lives in Germany wrote a song that has the word Boise, Idaho in it. I believe that the rest of the world was hearing about a bridge collapsing.

Ohh... or that your newspaper actually endorses people. Will write awful things about the people they are running against.

yeah I love the small town news here.