Wednesday, September 24, 2008


The Nature Club

Every day Jared comes home breathless (from riding his bike home fast) "Can I go play?"
"Do you have homework?" is my response. This usually leads to some negotiations. "Can't I do it later?" (him) "How about one page now and one before dinner?" (me) little pout "O.k. why not all of it right now." (me) "o.k. I'll do it" This is because he always wants to go meet up with his buddies at the Nature Club(which used to be the Book Club). This is a tree that is located at the church at the top of our street. It is called the Nature Club because they like to make things like slingshots, but it has to be done all out of nature. I asked if I could come by and check the place out today. I was shown favorite spots to sit, the best swinging off a branch area, and cubby holes they stash their treasures. I was just informed that the current project is collecting fallen branches to make a raft next week. I'll let you know how the maiden voyage goes.



Bennett in his favorite spot

Today I put the finishing touches on my Halloween decorations, I also got some "good mail"
My mom and dad sent a beautiful carved witch and cat, and my sister sent a witch barbie doll. This is all to celebrate that it's witches time again. In the past we have been able to get together and attend Gardner Villiages "Witches Night" but again this year we won't be able to make it. So last year some sent Witches packages, and the tradition continues this year. Can't wait for the other witches to get what Jenn and I sent. I'll share it once everyone has gotten it. Here's some pictures of my decor this year.
I love the bats!
Good mail from my parents
good mail from my sister







4 comments:

wandering nana said...

I love your decorations. You really have some great ideas. Glad you liked the witch and the Barbie is really cute. Great job sweetie.

Tiffany said...

My kids would love the toad's juice and dragon's blood. What is in your jars? If you have a minute, it does sound like you are really busy.

Libby said...

Tiff- I got the idea from a craft store called porters. You take aqua gems (usually found in floral section of store or order online)they are tiny little balls.You put them in a container and fill it up with water. The balls soak up the water and "grow". After you are done you can let them dry out and they will go back to regular size.
On my piano I did a lot of different things like witches brew, zombie juice, vampire venom etc. at the dollar store you can get the skeletons and toads to put in.

Becky said...

I love all the fun decorations!!!!! I LOVE THE FALL