Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two Words

Primary President

So much for thinking I wasn't going to keep busy! Today I was sustained as the new Primary president of our ward. Talk about a humbling experience. I'm a little nervous considering the last time I was in Primary was 11 yrs ago when Jackson and I were teachers. Even though I feel very under qualified, Heavenly Father has really given me peace of heart and mind. There is an article in this month's ensign with the quote. "The Lord can draw a straight line with even the most crooked of sticks." How comforting it is to know that he will qualify us for doing His work. I was able to call some amazing women for counselors and think we will be able to make a difference in the lives of these children. (Even if they are easily distracted and asking questions like "what's your name.")

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

You will be wonderful and you are straighter than you think "}

fivewalkers said...

Oh my goodness, what a calling. You will do awesome. You have such fun ideas and the kids will love you.

Tiffany said...

You are going to be great. You are a wonderful leader and you are ooozing with ideas. I guess I should be grateful for just being a Primary teacher. Good job!