Thursday, October 16, 2008

Treasure Hunt

In reading some blogs I have found that many peope were touched by President Monson's talk "Enjoy the Journey." I've been struggling lately (i think every woman does) with feeling overwhelmed and running around trying to get things done. I have heard quite a bit of councel lately to "slow down" and enjoy the moments. Monday, I had decided to take time to clean my house. Not such a great idea with three boys and their friends running around. I would clean one room and then come back to find it a mess again. I had just cleaned the kitchen and came in to find cereal all over the table, and certain items spread out. Automatically I found myself starting to get frustrated and upset, but then the words, "They won't be little for long," came into my head, so instead of getting upset, I decided to go on a little "treasure hunt" with my camera, so when they are long gone from the house I could remember those "little messes."





Cereal, a ball, and sucker
Found a trail of these candy corns down the stairs' I guess they missed the memo on no food downstairs

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

You're right....they won't be little for long. I like your idea of taking pictures.

The Gist Family said...

Oh, I love that idea! You always have the best ideas!

Kiss the boys for me, I am starting to feel the lonesome effects of not seeing them!

~Aunt Heather