Monday, March 30, 2009


Last Day and Facebook........


So last Friday was my last day of work. People kept asking me if I felt some type of relief, but honestly I didn't. I'm sure the feeling will come this week when I don't have to commute down. But, on that day all I could feel was sadness and a sense of loss. I was one of lucky few (I guess) who really like their jobs. Sure there were days that if I had one more person complain to me about the charge for their bags (not that I don't blame them) I felt like I would lose it. But I loved how busy the airport is, I enjoyed trying to solve problems, and I loved the people I worked with. Not to mention the great benefits. (which I still have except no longer free,( yea I know poor me) The other part I've had to work through is that when we moved I really didn't have to deal too much with leaving, since I knew I would be back every week, so I'm starting to go through a little of the home sickness. I was staying with my sister and her husband when I went down every week and now I have to deal with the loss of not seeing them every week. On the up side I am looking forward to spending time with my family. I think a lot of times I would save fun Libby for work and seeing friends, and my family got left with tired, grumpy Libby. So now the challenge for myself is to make sure my family gets more of the fun, easy going, me. A friend gave me a picture that reads "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" from Dr. Suess. I really like that saying, it's helped me to realize that as this chapter of my life closes a new one is just waiting to begin and I hope that when this new chapter is done I'll be just as sad to see it go because it was just as amazing if not better. By the way I joined Facebook in hopes of staying connected to the Adult World. Come be my friend!

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

It has been a great ride and lots of fun memories. I'm glad you get to spend the time with the boys (which you always have done). Get some rest, yeah right. Thanks for the fun times and the sacrifice you made for us.

TX Girl said...

I still can't believe you quit. What were you thinking? I still regret giving my notice.

But, your kids will be so happy to have you home regularly and after 15 years you will have to make travel plans like the rest of us. 2 weeks in advance with a Saturday night stay over.

Tiffany said...

I'm sure Delta was sad to see you go, you were such a great employee. In all the years that I have known you I have never met the tired, grumpy Libby..;)
Have fun!

Mandee said...

Just my luck....I move at COMPLETELY the WRONG time!!!