Saturday, September 15, 2007

HOME
Moving to another state has put an interesting new spin on this word. Do we call where we live now "home" even though we aren't close to things that are familar, or do we call where we originally lived "home?" We came to Utah for the weekend and I found when I was discussing when I was leaving, it was hard to call Idaho home. We actually really love it there, in fact I have a feeling when it's time to leave it will be hard to go. It will be interesting to see how we feel about "home" at that point. For now, I guess I'll go with the old cliche "home is where the heart is."

p.s. thanks to my sister K for the blog header and for being so gracious, you rock!

4 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

this has been something that has been always hard for me. I always said I was going home when coming to utah, until mom and dad moved. For me my home was no longer there. I have found that I still say I am going home to Utah and now also with Idaho. Idaho will become a home, it will hold its own memories. For me I have many homes, home is where my family is, the places that I choose. One day like a missionary who is learning a new language, it will just flow from my mouth, and it will feel right. It is crazy, the emotions and feelings you have.

Love you.

Libby said...

hi libby

wandering nana said...

Like you said "Home is where the heart is." It helps to have familiar things around like your family pictures and furniture. Home now has the same furnishings, just moved around. I've decided home is where we make it home.

Unknown said...

Hi Libby! I love your pictures! We missed you terribly at book club last night. It's not the same without you. No matter where your "home" is our hearts will always be with you.
Have a great week! XOXOXO Robyn