Monday, November 2, 2009






Happy Halloween

We had a very busy Halloween this year! As you all know it's my favorite time of year, I put up the usual decor, the potions and lights and this year's addition was Halloween banners. We kicked off the festivities by our school having a Halloween Carnival as room mom I had to decorate a room for a game, I did the monster operation which was a touch and feel, spaghetti for intestines, tomato with the skin off for the heart, aqua gems for the brains, gloves with jello for hands and frozen green olives for the toes. I did a pirate theme, using our canopy with a tarp around it, it made it look like a cave. I heard it was a big hit. Next we had our ward party which is always held in a barn the YM/YW put it on and have games for the kids. As a presidency we decided to dress up as construction workers since our theme for Primary is I am a builder of my eternal family. It was pretty fun. On halloween I did the class party for Jared this year, which meant a haunted house but this year I did it a little differently, there was an extra classroom across from the teacher so I set up our three man tent and covered it with a tarp then used a long table as my tunnel. So much better then the cardboard boxes. Jared's teacher Mr. Lloyd livened it up by shaking the tent when the kids would go in. I felt kind of bad when a couple of them started crying because they were so scared, I turned on the lights to help them overcome their fear.Our two exchange students decided to go to the school dance for Halloween so were in need of costumes. Heike went as Peach and Pompe went as Link, I spent all week working on the costumes, I kept telling them I didn't really know how to sew but Pompe kept telling me he knew I could do it. I think they turned out really well in the end, (with some help from the internet and patterns). Isaac decided to be a nerd, Bennett went as a character from Secret Saturdays, and Jared was Luke Skywalker (instead of Anikin). The best was our haunted house, instead of just doing the haunted porch this year we brought it into our house and garage. I lit tiki torches and dressed as a gypsy, we brought the kids on the porch, I had a mini gumball machine that I would look into to tell their futures. We then went inside the house where we had moved the piano so you could see it, we had recorded organ music playing, I would tell the kids my friend Boris was playing, (there wasn't anyone there) I would ask them if they liked his red hair, the kids would look at me funny and I would continue telling them to please say they see him because I didn't want to feel like I was crazy. The funny part was that Jackson was in back of the piano popping his head up and to the side, but I didn't see him so the kids were looking at me weird because I talked about red hair, but Jackson was wearing a Jack Skeleton had from Disneyland with mouse ears. Later Jackson asked if I saw him but I didn't know what he was talking about until later when I finally saw him popping up. Next we took them to the garage where I had made a little alley with cobwebs, they had to crawl under a table which then opened into my canopy which was decorated. I had an old chest that I put all the candy in so they could choose what candy they wanted. It was a little sad this year, the kids are at the age where they don't really need adult supervision for trick or treating so we sent them off. They have grown up so fast! Here are pictures.









1 comment:

wandering nana said...

Wow. You've been busy. Good job sweetie.