Thursday, June 12, 2008

Has anyone seen the Sun??????

I got up the other morning and as my usual day starts I peeked through my blinds in hopeful anticipation that maybe today would be the day my old friend would return. But no such luck. Maybe you know him (or her). He really isn't hard to miss, he is usually up in the sky, is yellowish/orange, and round. He's usually really hard to look at because he's so bright and during this time of year the heat he radiates is fantastic! Yes, I am literally going CRAZY! I thought my parents were the ones who moved to Seattle but it seems it must of been us. The temperature here hasn't gone above 60 degrees and during the night it goes down to freezing. I still have to cover my flowers at night so they don't freeze. We just put up our porch swing a couple of weeks ago and every time I go out to sit and read or hang out, I'm driven back inside because of the cold. We would love to go camping but most of the campgrounds are still covered in snow. We still have tulips and daffidols coming up! If you happen to see my missing friend please send him my way I could really use some thawing out!

2 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

He's coming, he's coming. We had the first day today of SUN... yeah now you know why I didn't need to be convinced to move from Portland. They are still looking for the sun and he has been gone since last September.

wandering nana said...

Give me a break you whinners!! We did have some "sunbreaks" today. Last week was rain and more rain, but the flowers are gorgeous and the grass and trees are so green. I shut my furnace off and had to turn it back on as it is the coldest June here since 1900. Just remember when it is 100, that you were missing your old friend and he showed up.